Sunday 1 November 2015

Il Cielo Hilton Singapore

This is a small restaurant per se, overseeing the bustling Orchard road. With the sunset, the evening became beautiful and it just felt that we are off on a holiday.
Serenity

I have been to this Italian restaurant a couple of times for lunch and dinner. I am always impressed with their service and food. Thus I have decided to take advantage of this Restaurant Week to invite my aunt and cousin for dinner.

After seeing the reviews on the overcooked fish/prawns, I became skeptical. As this is the first visit for my aunt & cousin, I would prefer them to enjoy their evening as we always say first impression counts.

Surprisingly, this evening turned out to be pretty perfect, from the antipasto to the desserts. I have ordered one additional antipasto to share - Capesante MSC and a bottle of red wine.

We were served with the Calamari salad, orange dressing, mango gel and cherry tomatoes. The first look at it, I love it. Why? The rich colours of this dish is enticing enough.
Calamari Salad
The dressing complements the calamari and the calamari complements the freshness of the vegetables. *Do note that the calamari is not deep fried.

The Capesante MSC was served next. Nothing spectacular about this dish. Oh, by the way Capesante MSC is Scallop creation with grilled pineapple & caviar. Perhaps it is not to my liking.
Fantasia Di Capesante

After the antipasto, we were served with our selection of main course - Sea Bass with potato crust, asparagus and roasted pepper.
SeaBass with Potato Crust, Asparagus and Roasted Pepper 
This is the dish that concerns me. Reviews on restaurant week have been pretty negative on the main course - undercooked or overcooked seabass. But the sea bass we ordered was neither. The fish was cooked to perfection. My cousin complained that the asparagus was too hard for her, but my aunt and I find that the asparagus were just right. For me, it is the way asparagus should be done.

And lastly, the dessert for the evening was red velvet mascarpone, raspberry micro, chocolate truffle, sweet pesto.
Red Velvet Mascarpone
The dessert was alright and I have to disagree with the sweet pesto. It is a weird combination.

As it is also an early birthday celebration for my aunt, I have informed the restaurant and they served up an additional slice of cheesecake. This is thoughtful of them.
Hilton Cheesecake
Aside with the food, the service provided by the staff is impeccable. I won't complain in any ways. But if I am to nitpick, olive oil was spilled onto the table and they did not wipe it. Nonetheless, this is minute.

I must say Il Cielo is a place to unwind and relax, and they never fail to impress me, even on Restaurant Week.

Il Cielo, Hilton Singapore
Website : http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/singapore/hilton-singapore-SINHITW/dining/il-cielo.html
Address :
Hilton Singapore
Level 24
581 Orchard Road
Singapore 238883
For reservation : +65 6730 3395
Email : ilcielo@hilton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment