Monday 5 October 2015

Rowenta Oven OC 7891

I have started to bake 8 years ago but I have never own a piece of kitchen machine. How did I bake then? Well I used my mom's mixer and oven when I was still staying with my parents. When I have moved out, the new place has no oven nor mixer!!! So no baking for these few years.

After years of persuasion, Mr W (my husband) agreed to purchase an oven for me to bake!!! Yes YEARS to persuade him. He only agreed early this year! Rowenta OC 7891 was our choice.

Tangs has having a promotion then. It was selling at about S$799 (I can't remember the exact price) which was cheaper than Best Denki.
It comes with 3 free gifts-
i) Baking dish with silicon handles,
ii) Tefal Sensation Blue Stew pot
iii) Tefal Filter Coffee Maker.
Ah I managed to find the promotion. Hehe...note that this promo has ended.
Tefal Chinese New Year Promotion 2015

Why this oven?
We have read many reviews and many sang praises of this oven. This is one of the contributing factor why we were deciding on this. There are plenty of ovens to choose from and their prices are more competitive than OC 7891.

The winning vote was that OC 7891 is sturdy built and its 38 litre capacity allows me to bake more at one go. It also comes with a 3 in 1 oven dish for steam, braised and gratin dishes. Oh yes, I forgot to mention it has a steam function which is pretty unique.

About the oven & my usage
This oven has 28 preset menus and 5 cooking modes: turbo fan, natural convection, pastry, grill and defrosting.

So far, I used 4 of the 5 cooking modes: natural convection, pastry, grill and defrosting.

The pineapple tartskueh bangkit and brownies turn out good. The heat is evenly spread in the oven.

Oven baked chicken, shrimps and even grilled salmon are all done to perfection for any lunch or dinner. Sometimes a working wife needs such a right hand "man" in the kitchen. This oven allows me to prepare dinner at a breeze. Feel free to view the food I have prepared using this oven at http://jeaneskitchen.blogspot.sg/search/label/ovenbaked.

I use it to thaw frozen meat and fish. After each thaw, I made sure I just heat the oven for 5 to 8 minutes to get rid of any raw smell in the oven. This is just a precaution.

I use this oven to heat up sauces or curry. It does the job well despite the fact that it is not a microwave. It is a lot safer than using a microwave to heat up food. Maybe it is just me.

Verdict
It is worth every cent to buy this oven. First of all, it is well built and very heavy. I mean it, it is a heavy oven as compared to many others. Not easy to shift it around.

It is easy to use and with all its function, it can literally be the machine that cooks most of our meals.

6 comments:

  1. Wow I'm amazed at the number of features this oven offers, and nice blog you have here :) courts is selling this at $899 now but I should wait till CNY for better promotion, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    The price usually will drop to $799. So u may want to wait a while longer. Or check out Tangs or Takashimaya. Sometimes they do have their own sales which maybe more worth it.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's now at S$799. But I managed to grab a brand new display unit at S$419! Picking up after the road show next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Im selling a OC7891 at $650 anyone interested

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is almost new, use once to heat up food.

    ReplyDelete